MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frost's Log

Thread: Frost's Log
View Single Post

Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frost
MMA Fanatic

Frost has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Frost's Log

Hello all, I'm new to these forums. I'm making this log to (hopefully) keep me motivated to get to the gym/running every day rather than the "maybe I'll go today" that I'm usually stuck in, and to get me through that start-up phase.

I'm in the Army, so we do some minor physical training during the AM, but it's just not enough for me right now. I figure I want to be in the best shape as possible so that I can do something if the need arises. I took 6 years Isshin Ryu Karate, got my 1st degree, as well as some informal BJJ experience and fundamentals. I've been looking to get into the MMA scene for quite a while now, and I figure what better place to start than an MMA forum, even though I may not be able to get the proper instruction right now I can at least give myself a point to work from. And, if it comes down to it, I can always teach myself, but that'll be my last resort. At least I have a bag to hit.

So I'll be starting a regular workout working MSE one day, then Cardio the next, and alternating. Short term goals right now are to shoot for 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, and increase my endurance, in no more than 2 months time. Those aren't the only things I want to improve, but I figure it will give me a good gauge of my progress.

I'll be starting out small, namely improving my diet, and slowly increasing my present workload week by week. If anyone has any suggestions, criticisms, etc. then feel free to let me know, I'll be happy to hear from people who know how to do things right. If anyone has any weight exercises that worked for them, I'd love to hear them as well.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote