Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Nick Diaz Responds To K.J. "Cryfest".

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  mtt_c 
#1 ·
We break down the KJ Noons cryfest point by point.

"Honor my contract. Elite XC wants to talk about honoring the contract. How about when Elite XC honored the contract and my pay to fight Edson Berto went down after I lost my first fight. That was not part of my contract. Or how about the contract Gary Shaw breached by not promoting my boxing career? Gary Shaw only gave me one out of four of the agreed upon fights. I have not boxed for over a year. When I signed with Elite XC, I was promised they would promote both my boxing and MMA careers. I could have signed with another MMA only company, but I wanted to box too."

GF- 1) Earth to KJ; you don't have a boxing career. No one in the boxing world knows who you are. 2) Another MMA company would have paid you less and not given you a title shot, especially when you were 1-1.
3) If you will not fight Diaz due to a breach of contract by EliteXC then why would you fight Alvarez for the same terms?

KJ- "Elite XC does me a favor after I lose, by putting me on the first ShoXC against Edson Berto? Berto’s father is good friends with Jared’s father, Gary Shaw who wants Berto’s brother on a boxing contract. Berto was the next guy Elite XC wanted to build. But I win that fight and now I am 1-1. Elite XC gives me an opportunity to fight Diaz. Elite XC puts me against Diaz because Elite XC’s roster was so light and there was nobody else to fight him.

Elite XC creates a new weight class for Diaz because he beat Gomi. Giving Diaz a belt and creating a weight division (160) he can make, will make your belt legit. Sorry to ruin Elite XC’s plans and beat him.

Elite XC never promoted or took care of me as their champion
KJ- "Elite XC does me a favor after I lose, by putting me on the first ShoXC against Edson Berto? Berto’s father is good friends with Jared’s father, Gary Shaw who wants Berto’s brother on a boxing contract. Berto was the next guy Elite XC wanted to build. But I win that fight and now I am 1-1. Elite XC gives me an opportunity to fight Diaz. Elite XC puts me against Diaz because Elite XC’s roster was so light and there was nobody else to fight him.

Elite XC creates a new weight class for Diaz because he beat Gomi. Giving Diaz a belt and creating a weight division (160) he can make, will make your belt legit. Sorry to ruin Elite XC’s plans and beat him.

Elite XC never promoted or took care of me as their champion."

GF- EliteXC weight classes were never dictated by Nick Diaz. Diaz would have preferred a 165lbs class. That's why he likes fighting in Japan at 167lbs. He has difficulty cutting to 160lbs. 2) Jake Shields has been promoted the same way and is quite happy.

KJ- "In the Elite XC’s DVD where Diaz and I fought there are two (2) baseball cards of Diaz and Kimbo. Hello! I won the fight and Elite XC’s promoting Diaz after I beat him? Or how about the day Elite XC flew Diaz in to do a signing on the DVD where he lost. Wow, that must have been uncomfortable Nick? Signing a DVD, and it is a fight that you lost. Why wasn’t I flown in for the signing?

Elite XC has never promoted me on either of their websites, EliteXC or Pro-Elite.

Elite XC offered me a fight on the first CBS show, but only if I signed a new long-term contract. Instead of promoting their best fighters on CBS, you have to be on a long term contract for them to promote you. That was not our deal."

GF- 1) Nick Diaz, Jake Shields and Frank Shamrock were flown in to shoot an instructional trailer on grappling for the CBS show. The signings were an after thought. You weren't flown in because you aren't a grappler. We are sure they will fly you in if they need an instructional on whining. 2) Your contract was for Showtime. Diaz and Shields both signed longer deals for CBS. Nathan Diaz signed a special long term contract for Spike TV etc...
This is a business not Burger King, you can't have it 'your way'.

KJ- "Consider when Elite XC gives a couple thousand tickets away at their CBS show in Stockton.

Elite XC gives me a hard time about comping me one extra ticket for my cousin that helped me train for my fight. I only get four tickets per show. I am the main event in Honolulu, my home town! I did not ask for any tickets for my family and friends and they gave me a hard time about one extra ticket!

Or how about when Elite XC brought Diaz into the ring after my last victory in Hawaii to disrespect me and my family."

GF- Diaz got no extra tickets in his home town of Stockton and isn't complaining. 2) Bringing a fighter into the ring to promote an upcoming fight is standard practice. Your (I could of been a contender) drunk father, started a near riot and should be banned from further events and immediately placed in an Alcoholics Anonymous treatment center for his own self respect.

KJ- "Chuck Champion (President Elite XC) threatens me, my family and my manager with lawsuits and how he’s going to sue me. HAHA. Pretty hard to sue a guy who does not make jack with your company. I’m glad $kala disclosed how much I make, which breached the confidentiality clause of the contract. I will break down the real numbers for you. I am the defending world champ, I have been the main event for Elite XC three out of four times on Showtime. In almost two years I have made approximately $83,000?

After paying my trainers and managers fee, I have $50,000 thousand. After taxes, probably 30 grand. Divide that by two years for $15,000 thousand a year. Divide by 52 weeks that amounts to approximately $300 a week. I do not know anybody that can survive on that amount of money. My buddies make more money than that in a couple days being a bus boy or bar back. And yes you can argue I should fight more. Elite XC doesn’t give me fights or promote me, they ice me. Gary Shaw Productions only gave me one of the agreed upon four fights per the boxing contract.

And I do not want to ramble on about all the little small stuff that I can keep going on about. But the straw that broke the camel’s back is they want me to fight Diaz for the second time. Diaz is not the number one contender and they are paying Diaz three times more money than me. Diaz complained after the Stockton fight, he was not paid enough. How do you think that made me feel? Yes you can argue that Diaz gets more for the draw, therefore I do not deserve as much compensation. If that is the case, it is a result of Elite XC terrible job promoting me. Instead of promoting me as their champ and upcoming athlete, Elite XC has resented me for ruining their plans to make Diaz their champ. That is just total disrespect. So it comes down to money and what is fair. I am tired of being bent over by Elite XC with no Vaseline."

GF- Promoters will sue when you don't fulfill the terms of your contract, just ask Randy Couture. By the way, you are not Randy Couture and the fight world is not holding it's breath waiting to see if you will fight again. 2) $83,000? There are several fighters that are a lot better than you fighting for a lot less. Pay your dues and quit being a little bitch. 3) You are paying your management too high of a percentage and here's some advice you should consider, "they are completely incompetent". 4) Chuck Liddell makes 100s of thousands more than Keith Jardine even though he lost to him. Diaz does not complain that Kimbo makes much more. He understands marketability, why can't you? 5) Divide this and then multiply it several times: KJ = little bitch > KJ = real champion
6) We agree you do need more Vaseline. You are used to it and damn those EliteXC guys for not using it when they bend you over.

KJ- "I am right when I say Diaz is not the number one contender. Elite XC is trying to force this fight for their ratings. Eddie Alaverez is the number one contender and anybody with half a brain knows that a fight with Eddie is a way harder fight for me than Diaz. I will fight Diaz, but Elite has to be fair. I’m not ducking Diaz, why the hell would I be scared of someone I already beat.

With that being said, I am going to focus on my boxing career. I can make more money doing 6 and 8 rounders every other month and make more than I did being the Elite XC defending world champ. At least I will be able to sleep at night and be able to look myself in the mirror everyday. That right there is worth more than $300 bucks a week or fighting a guy I cannot stand for less money than him the second time around.

Will the Diaz fight happen, yes. Will the fight happen on Elite XC on October 4, 2008, probably not. The way things are being run by Chuck Champion, a guy whose history is newspapers, not fighting, and $kala, someone who talks a lot of game, but has never put on a pair of gloves, never stepped in a ring or cage. $kala has had everything handed to him with a silver spoon from daddy. Does anyone else but me think $kala just wants to be famous and stir up all this dirty laundry? I guess any publicity is good publicity. When I think about it, it has been good promotion for their October card since nobody is talking about it until you bring up the Noons vs. Diaz match up."

GF- 1) It is not up to you to decide who the #1 contender is. That is EliteXC's sole discretion. Patrick Cote will soon be fighting Anderson Silva at the UFC's sole discretion. Silva is not complaining because he fights whomever they put in front of him. Silva fought Rich Franklin after wrecking him the 1st time. Serra rematched GSP his very next fight after demolishing him. Serra got paid less than GSP even though he was the Champion after the 1st fight. These men are true Champions and fight anyone. This is a concept you cannot seem to grasp. 2) You are scared because Diaz, despite having a terrible showing last time was stopped by cuts. God forbid the doctor that let the fight continue against Gomi had been calling the shots at your fight. In your heart you know what would have happened and you would rather live the lie of being a paper champion. 3) What will EliteXC ever do without you? I guess you will have to watch from your couch. Drink a beer. Prepare to make a ritual of it.

Link......http://graciefighter.com/?page=news&PHPSESSID=aefaf3af01221a370cdc328eb3bebe3a

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: shatterproof
#2 ·
Here's an additional statement by Diaz and his camp regarding Noons' recent response to EliteXC:

It appears that the feud between Elite XC Lightweight Champion KJ Noons and number one contender, Nick Diaz, will continue to endure until the time the pair finally meet inside the cage. And even if that never happens rest assured this very public war of words will last a very, very long time.

The latest salvo came from Diaz via the Cesar Gracie camp official Web site, ratcheting up the rhetoric in response to a letter (right here) that Noons issued last week to explain his reasons for not accepting a rematch against Diaz at the “Saturday Night Fights” CBS event on October 4.

It’s lengthy and picks apart Noons’ statement line-by-line.

Here’s just a taste regarding the Stockton show that ended with an in-ring melee:

“Diaz got no extra tickets in his home town of Stockton and isn’t complaining. 2) Bringing a fighter into the ring to promote an upcoming fight is standard practice. Your (I could of been a contender) drunk father, started a near riot and should be banned from further events and immediately placed in an Alcoholics Anonymous treatment center for his own self respect.”

Yeah, it’s ugly. And the gloves are clearly off. Stay tuned for more retaliation. In the meantime read the rest of the Diaz response over at GracieFighter.com.

Don’t be scared, homey.
http://mmamania.com/2008/09/01/pount-counter-point-nick-diaz-camp-responds-to-kj-noons-statement/

Wow, Diaz sure likes making things personal.. calling KJ's Dad a drunkard is a bit over the top, IMO.

#3 ·
I'm with KJ here. He spoiled their plans and I guess they didn't like it. I usually side with the fighter over the promotion in cases like these. Sure, KJ might sound whiny, but he speaks the truth.

And he is right. Alvarez is the real number one contendar.

#9 ·
That's true, but that's really nothing new in any organization. BJ got a title shot for beating Jens Pulver, Serra got a title shot after barely beating Chris Lytle, Anderson Silva got a title shot after beating Chris Leben, Randy Couture got a title shot against Tim Sylvia without beating anyone at HW..etc.

I'd normally agree with you, but after the whooping KJ put on Yves Edwards, I think he's the rightful champ.

#7 ·
I gotta agree Damone, its hard for K.J. to say Diaz isnt the #1 contender and doesnt deserve a shot when Noons never did in the first place.

Although the at a 167 pounds Diaz has trouble making 160 is f***in ridiculous.

#8 ·
I agree and disagree with KJ Noons.

I agree that Alvarez is next in line. Shit, they should just take the belt from Noons and give it to Alvarez after his amazing performances in Dream.

However, I disagree that he has any say in who he fights. He fights whoever EliteXC says is the next contender. He is like the captain of the army. It isn't his place to question who, where, and when his general tells him to fight.

Man up, fight who they tell you too, and get a better contract. You can't complain about your contract when you signed it. If you don't like it, use all that clout you've earned in the MMA world to go somewhere else that will pay you more (though I don't he really has any). However, just hope that your lack of notoriety, coupled with your incredibly whiney and annoying attitude will not make you desireable to other orgs.

Please, fall back into obscurity and be content that you can tell your kids that you beat Nick Diaz by cuts. (I'm not saying it's not a legit win, just that he makes it seem like he dominated Diaz thoroughly when he didn't)

#17 ·
Good for KJ....I mean seriously the dude brings up some decent points, Nick has def been cared for alot more than KJ, i think KJ is ******* his career up cuz he would never make it in the UFC and now he will probably be estranged from the promotion...

Second, nate and Nick started that bullshit in the ring and they were flickin KJ's Dad off before anything popped off...i mean are you really gonna stand there on national TV and let someone disrespect your family(i doubt it and would have done the same thing)

third, if this isnt the evidence that proves Elite XC only hypes what they want...their own fighter telling people the way it really is.....

fourth.....**** Elite XC and the bullshit way they do business and promote bullshit fighters(Kimbo):thumb02:

with all that said...the dude really is no major fighter and def not loved enough to bitch like this and not just get cut.....I think it takes balls to call XC out but I also think he will get tossed soon for his actions....

#19 ·
The diaz brothers are hilarious.I root for them because there trash talking is always top notch

#20 ·
God never thought id say this... but i kinda agree with Nick a little bit.... very very little bit! lol

but at the same time, this rematch is bullshit, Nick should not get this rematch yet. call the first fight a win by cuts all you want, KJ dominated. he stuffed alot of the take downs, landed his punches, and made Nicks face look like ground beef. Nick is tough, ill give him that, as much as i hate him and hopes he loses every fight, he is tough and talented... still hate him though.

KJ is gettin a bit of a raw deal, but he should just shut up and fight.

#21 ·
When you're the champ, you fight who the promoters put in front of you, if you want to pick your opponents than you are not a real champ.

Noons could be a draw, but he still has alot to prove. Chuck Lidell doesn't have the most marketable personality but he has become a millionare simply by KOing fools in brutal fashion, same with Anderson Silva, dude doesn't even speak english but people tune in to see him fight.

Noons should just fight who is put in front of him, as long as he entertains he will be able to command more money and respect.

#22 ·
When you're the champ, you fight who the promoters put in front of you, if you want to pick your opponents than you are not a real champ.

Noons could be a draw, but he still has alot to prove. Chuck Lidell doesn't have the most marketable personality but he has become a millionare simply by KOing fools in brutal fashion, same with Anderson Silva, dude doesn't even speak english but people tune in to see him fight.

Noons should just fight who is put in front of him, as long as he entertains he will be able to command more money and respect.

i gree with you but at the same time your last sentence said as long as he entertains he can demand more money.......

Thats why he is doing what he is doing because he has performed(i'll be it limited) and is now the champ that is why he must feel he is in the position to negotiate.......personally i feel he is ending his career...but he i think believe he has the right to bitch now he is the champ.....:dunno:

#23 ·
When you sell your soul to the devil, expect to get donkey punched.

This is what KJ Noons' manager is for-behind the scenes. He is a good fighter in a shitty league. They only have championships so that they can build their brand...they can't build their brand on guys who no one out of Fresno California want to see fight. He could try to build a career as a guy who beat Nick Diaz's ass more than Mrs. Diaz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.