MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 11-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Yeah, little bro, sorry its taking me so long to reply to all of your posts.

I am getting to that point where I might be getting to specialized, but I try to avoid it. Stay rounded. You know what I mean. You also know very well that I hate striking with people.

You know that I train with RK, who is shorter and way stronger than me. He also has way better wrestling then me, so he helps me work from the bottom alot. It's about getting used to position, so alot of my stuff isn't just about getting on top of the guy and dominating him. I'm cool with having someone in my guard, triangles, guillotines and armbars are some of the best submissions.

If you mean fighting a short striker, all I'd do was keep him away with the jab and work leg kicks until he straightens up and starts to loose his ability to defend the takedown and work that wrestling and judo efficiently. Once I see him pop up and start to forget about his position then I'll go in for the takedown, either with the shot or by setting him up with underhooks.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote