Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Where will all the fighters go???

734 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Toxic 
#1 ·
If Affliction, Dream, and EliteXC go out of buisness where will they go?

I can see most of the EliteXC fighters going over to Strikeforce. But I could be wrong!

I know guys like Joachim Hansen, Fedor, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Josh Barnett, and Cro Cop won't go back to the UFC! Maybe they would all go to Sengoku? Where do you think will happen to most of these fighters if these three orgs go out of business?

#3 ·
Cro Cop has said he wants to go back to the UFC, If a couple go under I could see Sylvia and Arlovski both crawling back, Barnete will go to what ever Japanese org wants him as likely would Fedor, alot of the guys from Elite XC and lower tier Affliction guys will probably end up in HFC in Canada.

#5 ·
I think the UFC broke Cro Cop down! Personally, if he was really serious about going back to the UFC I think he would have picked a cage fighting organization to go to. That way he can get more experiance in a cage and he can fight better. Instead he went back to the enviroment that he was used to. Yeah, there are rumors that he bought an octagon but how often do you think he trains in that thing when his fights are going to be in the ring?

Tim Sylvia, two time HW champion, is pissed because a guy with a 1-0 record (at the time) was making more money then him! You think the UFC will offer him more money now that he got his ass kicked by Fedor in a short time. Andre Arlovski did not leave the UFC on good terms as well so I don't see him going back anytime soon.

Barnett will definitly go back to Sengoku! He hates UFC rules and doesn't care for Dana White!

#4 ·
Sengoku would take most of DREAM's fighters I'm sure.
UFC would take most of Affliction's fighters or at least attempt to.
Strikeforce would take EliteXC's with maybe the exception of a few fighters that might go to WEC/UFC.

I like to be optimistic when it comes to newer fight orgs. Affliction should have enough money wise to stay afloat for a while. DREAM will hopefully be okay. I know they are suffering in ratings in Japan but its one of my favorite orgs right now Q.Q
I don't really care about EliteXC lol :dunno:

#6 ·
The thing with Sylvia is his getting decimated by Fedor not only lowers his market value witht the UFC but other orgs as well, I think in the end alot of the things like action figures and licensing agreements that the UFC is working towards are things that will help fighters maintain a level of income when there active fighting careers are over and will make them much more desirable to potential and former employees, Arlovski may have left on bad terms but time and money heels all wounds, proof of that is neither Arlovski or Sylvia left on as bad of terms as Couture and we'll be seeing him again soon. Barnette I agree about although he is nearing the end of his career and I believe if the price was right we could see him in the UFC unfortunatly due to him spending the majority of his career oversea's his value in the U.S. is questionable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.