MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Josh Thomson dreaming of November bout with Japanese star

View Single Post

Old 09-21-2008, 01:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Asian Sensation
who's next?

Asian Sensation will become famous soon enoughAsian Sensation will become famous soon enoughAsian Sensation will become famous soon enoughAsian Sensation will become famous soon enoughAsian Sensation will become famous soon enoughAsian Sensation will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
Ishida would beat Josh Thomson, since Ishida would just take him down and outwork him for a decision, which is what Guida did against Thomson.

Thomson would beat Caol Uno, though. Better striker and just as good on the ground.

When Ishida gets the takedown(s), he works. One of the best top games in the LW division.
i think Thomson has improved his overall game since that loss to guida he outwrestled melendez in the same fashion ishida did so id say thier wrestling is comparable. i wouldnt say ishida has one of the best top games though his top control is some of the best but he rarely does anything with it thats why a large majority of his fights go to a decison almost like a sean sherk except i think sherks passing is better