MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping likely coaches for TUF 9

View Single Post

Old 09-21-2008, 04:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
valrond
Flyweight

valrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the roughvalrond is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entity View Post
I don't agree at all, he's got an excellent skill set to beat Anderson with, and he was executing for a round, then started to bang in round 2 and his shit fell apart from there.

Executing a good GnP game plan is an excellent way to beat Anderson, alternatively, someone with world class jiu jitsu, but who also has good takedowns and can take a punch en route to the takedown would probably also have a good chance.

A standup battle with Anderson is just a stupid choice by anyone at 185.
Well, he didn't GnP Silva, he LnP Silva. He didn't do any damage. He stayed on top of him threw a few weak strikes, and put his hand on Silva's mouth. That's it.

The problem is that every round starts standing, and you have you take Silva down every round, and that's not easy. He didn't want to stand with Silva, he wanted to take him down but he got caught.

I don't want to see another Silva-Henderson either. Anyway, I don't think any MW has the tools to beat Anderson Silva. But we could get a fun fight with Bisping or Melvin Manhoef, if the UFC signs him.
valrond is offline   Reply With Quote