MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva will not retire until...

View Single Post

Old 09-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Legend
Punishment

The Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level now
Anderson Silva will not retire until...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMABAY
Arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world rocked fans and fighters the world over with the announcement that he would retire in 2009.

“I’ll retire next year, I already gave my all. I don’t need to prove anything for anyone and within one year I’ll put my gloves aside.”

However it is now understood that Anderson will not quit until he gets US citizenship, and that having the backing of the Fertitas would give a massive boost to his application.

According to SunSport current middleweight champ Anderson “The Spider” Silva will keep fighting until he gets granted a Green Card by the US government, and not only that but he states that he is unhappy with the fights he is being given and wants to fight 6 times a year. UFC president had something to say about that

“He wants to fight six times a year. It makes my job harder but I love it. This guy and Chuck Liddell don't care, they'll fight whoever you put in front of them."

Silva's manager Ed Soares said that Silva wants the big, high profile fights wherever they take place, in or outside of the UFC.
Source:http://mmabay.co.uk/Anderson%20Silva%20wontg.html

Just give the man 6 fights a year so he doesn't retire next year.