MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Live From Thailand (Muay Thai Journal)

View Single Post

Old 09-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
muaythaiguy99
MMA Fanatic

muaythaiguy99 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey Roll View Post
Do you speak thai? If not, how easy is it to arrange accommodations/train at Thai gyms? Do alot of Thais speak english as a second language?

Approximately how much money do you estimate you'll spend over the course of ~6 months, including plane tickets, training, accommodations, food, taxi/vehicle rental, ect?

I've heard good things about Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket. I'd like to hear your opinion on how it measures up to other gyms in terms of accommodations, training, # of english speakers there, cost, surrounding area, ect.
I don't speak Thai. It's very easy to arrange accomodations but honestly, most of the camps jack up the prices for foreign students because they know they have the money. You can usually find a cheaper room NEAR the camp on your own. I'm paying 200 a month right now for a nice condo (Florida retirement style) with a huge pool, 24hr security etc.

I've heard good things about Tiger as well and I'll be training there next month. Most of the trainers can speak engish english to get their point across. If their english is poor, it'll just come down to body language. If you do something wrong, they'll just say "Mai-Ow" which means NO, and show you the right way.
muaythaiguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote