Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Travis Lutter: Cote is going to get murdered

4K views 50 replies 33 participants last post by  mrmyz 
#1 ·
Earlier this month, former UFC fighter Travis Lutter told MMARated.com that he was still unsure as to where and when he would be fighting next.

"I might have to take a fight on a smaller show just to get my name out there and build up my career again," Lutter said. "It's a little frustrating that my career has stalled."

Lutter was released from the company following a loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 83.

A couple weeks later, Sherdog.com reported that Lutter was making his Octagon return at UFC 92 against Joe Doerksen.

Or not.

"That was never true," Lutter told us today. "I'm hoping to make it back to the UFC at some point, but right now I'm not under contract with the UFC.

"I talked to (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva when the rumors came out and he knew nothing about it. I don't know how these things get started."

While Lutter didn't believe the rumor when he heard it, he did admit that, for a brief second, he got excited over the prospect of returning to the UFC.

"I don't know who started it," Lutter said. "I just know that I had nothing to do with. It's all just craziness.

"I'm no closer to returning to the UFC, but also no further away, so it's a good day."

The former TUF 4 middleweight winner still has his sights set on a January 2009 return to action. He expects to win a couple of fights outside of the UFC and then make his return later in the year.

"It's just a matter of time, the way I look at it," Lutter said confidently. "The 185-pound division needs me."

And what about UFC 90's main event between champion Anderson Silva and Patrick Cote? Of course, Lutter was the last man to defeat Cote and was probably Silva's most difficult test in the UFC.

"Cote is going to get murdered," Lutter predicted. "Anderson Silva is really, really good and Cote is basically a Leben a fight for Anderson."
http://www.mmarated.com/blogs/blog/...rts__lutter_not_returning_to_the_ufc-803.html
I'm hoping Cote makes this fight interesting but I feel Lutter is right! Your thoughts?

#38 ·
Wanderlei would tool Silva, Silva has never faced a striker that is stronger and faster than he is, who also has 20 pounds on him.

I think Cote will put up a great fight, and get the TKO/KO win in the 2nd. Many people are making this fight out to be much more mismatched than it is. Cote is a great counterpuncher with alot of power and has similar combos to Anderson, many straights and power punches.

Also, Cote tends to step to the side of strikes and use boxing techniques like the traditional punch slip, which none of Anderson's past opponents have used against him and instead have simply held their arms up to their head hoping that Anderson will not punch them. Bad idea. Cote will slip, dodge, and counter and drop Anderson with a hard right in the second, then finish him on the ground. IMO.

#45 ·
Travis has a really bad habit of saying stupid things. He has to get really jacked up on caffine or something to say stuff that he knows he's just going to get bashed for.

In fact I found a video of him when he was sitting on the couch getting interviewed...

But then I thought, maybe it's not just caffine, maybe he all jacked up on LSD or something. And then I thought, wait a second, I wonder if I can find a video of what was REALLY going through his head when he was sitting there...

Apparently he was thinking he was Neo in the Matrix, and that's why he so tough.

#50 ·
Wand said it himself in an interview that him and anderson silva walk at about the same weight. Wand doesnt cut much to make 205 because his routine doesnt allow him to gain much weight. He said he can barely maintain the weight he is at right now. I remember reading in one of these magazines that wand walks around 220 when he isnt training. When hes getting ready for a right hes around 215 - 212 he cuts less then 10 pounds for the actual fight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.