MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Close call for me last night!!!!

View Single Post

Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by XitUp View Post
As for the people comparing changing a CD to drink driving, get real.
You know what's funny? I used that as my first example because the only accident I've ever been in with another vehicle was actually because I was looking in my glove compartment for a CD. And I drive myself home from the bar fairly frequently.

I can vouch that being sober and not having my full attention on the road is a lot more dangerous for me than having a couple of drinks in me but paying full attention to the road. And there have actually been studies on cell phone's detrimental effects on drivers.

So now I only change discs myself at stop lights and when parked. And I am extra careful if I've had any drinks at all, and I don't drive if I feel there's a chance I'm not in full control. And you know what? It works great. I worry a lot more about the totally sober and incredibly dangerous senior citizens weaving all over the place.