MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shane Carwin – Shattering The Stereotypes ( UFC.com article )

View Single Post

Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fedor>all
Banned

Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
I love how this guy works full time, trains part time, and still kicks ass. I've always believed 8 hours of physical training a day is overkill... it's like you're overworking your muscles, and you destroy more than you build. 2 hours a day seems good enough. Plus it gives me hope that I can do the same with my full time job .
I forgot to respond to this before. I agree that 8 hours is overkill, and even Rich Franklin (I think it was him) said something along the lines of "Anyone who says they train more than 4-6 hours a day is lying". MMA fighters are often elite athletes, but even then their bodies need a lot of rest to sustain their training regiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazDaManUk View Post
he's just as much of a genetic freak as lesnar

as you say strong wrestling but fast and heavy heavy hands, probably even more impressive than lesnar
I agree.. in fact, he's the working man's version of Lesnar if you think about it. He actually earned his way to the UFC by working in smaller circuits and proving himself.. that's something I respect a hell of a lot more than someone waltzing in from the WWE with a popular name that sells tickets, which miraculously translates into a title shot.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote