MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF fighters tearing up the house?

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1z View Post
I hate the drinking and the trashing the house. These dudes just piss away such a great opportunity. You train so hard, know you are going to be fighting in a matter of days, so you get plastered every other night. Just brilliant.
I think Spike plays up the drinking a lot in the editing process beccause it makes good ratings. Remember they record a full week of footage from probably a dozen cameras, that's got to be a few hundred hours at least that they pare down to a single 42 minute episode of which up to 1/3 could be taken up by the fight itself.

So we don't really know what they do most nights, I doubt Spike has much interest in airing the footage from the nights everyone was too well-behaved or tired to do anything but eat, talk a little, and go to bed. It may seem like they drink a lot but honestly I think few if any are getting plastered every other night.