MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kimo Leopoldo -- vs -- Bas Rutten

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
After taking 7 years off, no-one can be considered a "walk over" fight. Many champions have lost much of their lauded skill from absences just a fraction as long.

As great as Bas was when he retired as champ from the UFC in 1999, the facts are that Time and Age are not friendly to fighters at all. If he's kept himself conistently in shape over the last few years, and is training with the purpose that the maniacal Dutch madman is known for, then he's definitely coming to put up a fight.

Even though Kimo isn't the greatest opponent on paper, the fact still remains that he's stayed active over the last 7 years. He won't be combating any ring rust during his fight with Bas. This isn't like Frank Shamrock vs Ceasar Gracie. Kimo is not a debuting fighter.

Even considering that, if (and that's a big if) Bas is able to come to the fight with 70% of his former skills and explosiveness, he should be able to walk out with the W on this one.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote