MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kimo Leopoldo -- vs -- Bas Rutten

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Hey, I am a huge fan of Bas. I've picked up a lot of his instructionals, and they're freakin' great.

But realistically... 7 years is a long time. 7 years is a LIFETIME to fighters, as most fighters don't even have careers that span that long. Any time a fighter comes back from a long lay off, they're running the risk of getting stopped. That's just how it is.

Sure he's been training... He's also been training others, writing books, doing instructional DVDs, coaching IFL teams, commentating over seas and doing bits in movies. When a fighter is spreading themselves over that many different things, they don't have the time to train like they would when they are actively fighting and they don't have any other responsibilities. Every fighter who's ever held a championship will attest that their training before a fight is why they're able to win.

Do I want Bas to win this? Oh hell yes, I do. Am I sure he's going to win, nope... I'm not. That's exactly why the odds are listed that way.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote