MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - A Silva

Thread: A Silva
View Single Post

Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Steeltalontsi
MMA Fanatic

Steeltalontsi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrashock View Post
Um, as someone said before it's Joe Duarte. He got beat yes, but after Junie's actions this passed episode it's probably going to yield him getting the boot thus leaving open a 155er slot. I would say they will bring him back sometime soon. With that said, here is a link to the article that was already posted preshowing.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/07/03...nderson-silva/
I don't mean to rain on your parade but that article is just speculation and pretty much what we are doing here, not even really an article just a blog. It's only correlation between Dana White's statements and Duarte is that he said the fighter was 24 years old. Guess who is also 24 years old and actually still on the show? Phillipe Nover. He's also undefeated at 5-0-1 and walks around at 185 as well.
I never actually heard Dana's quote about the lightweight anderson silva before but now that I know about his 24 years old comment, it's pretty clear, at least to me, it's Nover.

Also it looked like Nover messed up Duarte's nose pretty bad in their fight, probably broken, thats a suspension by the athletic commission, I really don't think he's coming back, he is a good fighter and probably deserves to be back, but it's unlikely.

Last edited by Steeltalontsi : 10-10-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Steeltalontsi is offline   Reply With Quote