MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - recons 2nd log attempt

View Single Post

Old 10-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
wukkadb
Das ▄bermensch

wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
Thanks man, you know a lot more about lifting then me, so I was gonna PM you but this is probably easier, what kind of explosive exercises do you know? I do clap push ups, BW jump squats, and weighted jump lunges and cleans, but there has to be some more, if you know any please let me know.
1 arm DB snatches, powercleans, high pulls, OH jerks are some good ones. Also look into doing plyometric stuff as well. Something that I think works well is also supersetting an explosive movement with a compound exercise. For example, doing a set of 8 of front squats and then right after finishing the set go and do 10 or 15 plyo box jumps or something. You can also do it with bench + clap push ups.

Also look into Dynamic Effort work, which is taking about 60% of your 1-rep max for a lift, and doing 6-8 sets of 2-3 reps focusing on explosiveness and speed.

What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote