MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diego out of UFC 90

View Single Post

Old 10-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Legend
Punishment

The Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-S-P View Post
Let's just hope he has the proper training grounds to oppose against Alves, who while he was preparing for Diego, still has a change of plans of which to bode with.

It's a double-edged sword in that manner, for one Koscheck may/may not have prepared for this as diligently as Thiago, without the greatest training camp in the world, while Alves has presumably endured a grueling camp in retrospect. Should be a barnburner, but I can't help but slightly favor Alves here.

Koscheck has a much better shot than Hughes, is also the superior striker, but Alves' BJJ defense has improved exponentially the last couple of years. I don't think it'll be a question of whether or not Koscheck can take him down, but more of whether or not he'll be able to keep Thiago there. I do believe Alves can do substantial damage on the feet, Koscheck is hittable, but it'll be a matter of whether he can sprawl and brawl en-route to a somewhat consolidating decision.
You think Koscheck is a better striker then Alves