MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva: 'My Time is Already Over'

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
This is very sad for me. Anderson is such a great competitor in every aspect of the game.

I hope the UFC is smart about it. I think they should play on it, and do a "countdown" of Anderson remaining bouts over the next year or so. And give him some great fights. I don't know if Cote counts as one of his six fights, but I would love to see it go like this.

Cote (MW Title Defense)
Liddell (LHW Super Fight)
Okami (MW Title Defense, hopefully he'll be back)
GSP (Whatever weight class superfight)
Maia (MW Title Fight, I'm predicting he'll earn a shot by then)
Forrest Griffin (LWH Title Shot, this would be a major fight where I think most people would call the Champ the Underdog... and assuming Anderson still has his middle weight title would retire a double champion) Leaving the UFC able to promote a big unheld title fight for the Middleweight and LHW titles.

This is just my idea, and I think it would be a great and deserving way for Anderson to go out, but hey I'll admit it... Spider nuthugger here.

Godspeed Anderson
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote