MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Would anyone like to see the hevyweight division divided up a bit?

View Single Post

Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Lone Wolf
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby

The Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieos View Post
I'm torn on this... I think having a wider weight division adds credibility to champions; I also think that eventually when all other things are equal, a weight disparity of 40-50lbs is a little extreme.

I think eventually it would need to be reviewed, but there just isn't that deep of a heavy-weight division in any organization anymore that would benefit from such a change at this time.

I would like to see a super-heavyweight division added so that we can see some big guys thump skulls. I just don't think the draw is there because historically 265+ guys weren't shredded and marketable. I think this is starting to change.

I walk around at 6'6" and 240lbs and I'm definitely not one of the big guys at the gym. I think when we see more Brock Lesnar-types enter MMA we'll see some weight changes.

The sport will evolve with the fighters.
I totally agree, IF more bigger guys get to a high enough standard.
The Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote