MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 89 Picks: MMAOpinion Video Blog

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Syko View Post
nice job, but how can you think Bisping is not that good of a fighter? he has been absolutely flawless at MW and was very good at LHW.

The only way i can see bisping losing is by getting caught with a big shot i.e Rashad style, but i think bisping smart enough not to.

i think Bisping is going to stop him in the 1st or 2nd, and maybe he will the respect he deserves.
I realize that you're a fan from the U.K., so you may be a little biased on the issue, but the notion that Bisping is a substantial middlweight is just completely beyond me (and, in fairness, it's not just U.K. fans that think that).

Bisping doesn't work his strikes into open spaces (one of the details that, in my opinion, separates good strikers from great strikers), he doesn't have a well developed submission game, his guard passing is not particularly impressive, his wrestling is not of a particularly high caliber and so on.

I'm not saying that Bisping is trash and I don't hate the guy, I just don't think that he's developed to the point where he needs to be to compete at the top of this very competitive division (which is going to get a lot more competitive once Filho enters it).

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote