MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 89 Picks: MMAOpinion Video Blog

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2008, 02:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Fedor>all
Banned

Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
I'm surprised that you did this on the fly, mainly because it looks like you're reading off the screen at some points lol, and because there's so much cutting. I assume you prepared what you said to an extent before beginning to film.. ie: multiple takes until you were happy with them, just based on how many cuts there are.

Anyway, I agree with your picks except for your claim that Paul Taylor has "mediocre technical skills". Maybe on the ground and with regard to wrestling, but his stand-up is crisp and arguably some of the best in the WW division.

If Lytle stands with him, he's going to lose. If Lytle takes the fight to the ground, he'll win, because Taylor's ground game is abysmal.

Good video though, it takes a while to get over the camera being in your face, but your video blogs seem promising.

EDIT: I also wouldn't say Fedor really throws "looping" punches either. He throws his hooks like straight punches, but flicks his elbow and snaps his hips once the punch is extended, unlike most fighters who throw their entire body into the hook. This causes his hands to go around the gloves easier, but someone like Leben throws wide punches that you can see coming.. I think that's an important difference to note, on the technical level.

Last edited by Fedor>all : 10-17-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote