MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 89 Picks: MMAOpinion Video Blog

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
The Lone Wolf
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby

The Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
his wrestling is not of a particularly high caliber and so on.

This is one place where British fighters will have a distinct disadvantage over American fighters, in that we dont wrestle at school/college, and i'm not even sure if there are any recreational wrestling schools. There probably are, but i certainly dont know of any. There are always exceptions to the rule (namely GSP) but British fighters are almost always going to be better at striking and jitz than wrestling.

I think Bispings striking has looked sharp and fast at middleweight. Punches in bunches and combo's kill, that sort of thing. Also if Leben is coming into the fight heavier than usual, which i believe he is, he may lose a little speed, and i think this may be a big factor in this fight.

Nice job though

Last edited by The Lone Wolf : 10-17-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: damn typo's
The Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote