MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 89 Picks: MMAOpinion Video Blog

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Wolf View Post
This is one place where British fighters will have a distinct disadvantage over American fighters, in that we dont wrestle at school/college, and i'm not even sure if there are any recreational wrestling schools. There probably are, but i certainly dont know of any. There are always exceptions to the rule (namely GSP) but British fighters are almost always going to be better at striking and jitz than wrestling.
I have the same problem with BJJ in the UK. Realistically, Gracie Barra is out there, but the overall quality is a little behind, but, who knows, it may improve.

The Gracie stronghold in the U.S. is pretty substantial, and the submission game in the east is way ahead, but the British are certainly catching up.

Quote:
I think Bispings striking has looked sharp at fast and middleweight. Punches in bunches and combo's kill, that sort of thing. Also if Leben is coming into the fight heavier than usual, which i believe he is, he may lose a little speed, and i think this may be a big factor in this fight.
He's going to be in the best shape of his life.

Actually, I'm surprised that Leben seems to have a six-pack, which indicates a new level of athleticism.

Quote:
Nice job though
Thanks, man.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote