MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Stankie Bandwagon

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
kano666
Amatuer

kano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nicekano666 is just really nice
Here is the Ryan Bader story about Al Stankie, mentioned in the link above (http://mmajunkie.com/news/13026/team...-5-of-tuf8.mma).

Quote:
I have a funny story about Al Stankie, who is our older boxing coach. After practice the coaches would go grab something to eat -- most of the time without showering and in full Team Nogueira garb, which (I'm pretty sure) they were not supposed to be doing. Stankie had on a rashguard, full TapouT velour red warm-up, a TapouT beanie and a couple long gold chains. They went to The Palms to watch the Lakers vs. Celtics game. Stankie is a big Lakers fan, and when a Celtics fan expressed some joy about his team scoring, Stankie walked over and slapped the guy -- with all of our Brazilian coaches looking on in horror. Before the other coaches could grab him, he yelled out, "I am with the heavyweight champion of the world! You want some?" Those of us that saw this understood that this could be Junie's relative, and maybe that is why he wasn't kicked off the show yet. Stankie is a great man, and Spike TV should give him his own show.

There are many stories that involve Stankie that I will try to give to you each week. We would all gather around Dan Valverde, one of the assistant coaches, and he would tell us the stories of what Stankie did over the weekend.
kano666 is offline   Reply With Quote