3-Machida
4-Evans
5-Silva
6-Jardine
7-Chuck
8-Cane
9-Thiago
10-Franklin

mixed up the bottom half of the top 5 last night, anythoughts on who fits in there at 5-10

#2 ·
Franklin has had one fight since returning to LHW. No sound argument can be made for him to be in the top ten until he beats Hendo.

Cane holds one win over a top ten opponent. That, in and of itself, is not enough to move you into the top ten.

#18 · (Edited)
However impressive Cane's was, I agree, I don't think he's top ten yet. He hasn't proven himself against highly legit fighters. Soukoudjou is rather one dimensional. However, I was very impressed with Cane's ability to exploit that. It's hard to deal with an explosive fighter that you have in Soukoudjou. I definitely believe however, that Rich Franklin deserves a spot on the top of 205 (if that is indeed where he intends to fight) I think he would steamroll most of the fighters who I do consider top 10 material. As for the Griffin Jackson thing, Griffin definitely outfought Rampage, after soundly defeating Shogun. Regardless of whether Rampage is capable of beating him, he didn't. Griffin is definitely #1 right now. I think a more accurate list is:

1: Forrest Griffin
2: Quinton Jackson
3: Shogun Rua
4: Dan Henderson
5: Rich Franklin
6: Rashad Evans
7: Lyoto Machida
8: Thiago Silva
9: Keith Jardine
10: Wanderlei Silva

9 and 10 was hard to decide on the order. But I don't think Chuck is top 10 anymore. He's lost a lot lately, doesn't seem to have the confidence which makes a good fighter great, and his game's weakness has been exposed by his last couple of matches. I do think however, that Chuck is #11, even though he beat Silva I think Silva can beat more opponents than Chuck can. I think his defeat of Jardine proved that.

Edit: I think a lot of people forget that Hendo has only lost to Anderson Silva and Rampage in the UFC. He's no where near as low as some people have put him. This guy can tool most people in the UFC. Also, I think people are rating Machida too high. He hasn't really fought top UFC fighters yet. Tito Ortiz was his strongest challenge. With Rashad Evans you can say he beat Liddell and Bisping. He also beat a before-his-prime Rich Franklin. I have to see Machida defeat someone on this list I have above him to become top 5.

#19 ·
However impressive Cane's was, I agree, I don't think he's top ten yet. He hasn't proven himself against highly legit fighters. Soukoudjou is rather one dimensional. However, I was very impressed with Cane's ability to exploit that. It's hard to deal with an explosive fighter that you have in Soukoudjou. I definitely believe however, that Rich Franklin deserves a spot on the top of 205 (if that is indeed where he intends to fight) I think he would steamroll most of the fighters who I do consider top 10 material. As for the Griffin Jackson thing, Griffin definitely outfought Rampage, after soundly defeating Shogun. Regardless of whether Rampage is capable of beating him, he didn't. Griffin is definitely #1 right now. I think a more accurate list is:

1: Forrest Griffin
2: Quinton Jackson
3: Shogun Rua
4: Dan Henderson
5: Rich Franklin
6: Rashad Evans
7: Lyoto Machida
8: Thiago Silva
9: Keith Jardine
10: Wanderlei Silva

9 and 10 was hard to decide on the order. But I don't think Chuck is top 10 anymore. He's lost a lot lately, doesn't seem to have the confidence which makes a good fighter great, and his game's weakness has been exposed by his last couple of matches. I do think however, that Chuck is #11, even though he beat Silva I think Silva can beat more opponents than Chuck can. I think his defeat of Jardine proved that.
wow...just wow...these rankings suck very badly...very very badly

here's my rankings...they aren't perfect, but IMHO they are better than these...keeping in mind that hendo is fighting at MW now, not LHW

1. forrest
2. rampage
3. machida
4. evans
5. wanderlei
6. shogun
7. jardine
8. chuck
9. t. silva
10. sokky

#23 ·
1. Forrest Griffin
2. Rampage
3. Rashad Evans
4. Lyoto Machida
5. Shogun Rua
6. Wanderlei Silva
7. Keith Jardine
8. Thiago Silva
9. Rich Franklin
10. Luis Cane

Please don't even put Chuck Liddell or Sokky in your top 10. Chuck is 1-3 in his last 4 fights, been KTFO in two of them, looked absolutely terrible against Jardine. Looked decent against Wanderlei, but couldn't finish him like a guy (Henderson) who isn't even in the top 10 could.

Sokky is uber overrated. Beating two previous top 10s in Pride and coming to the UFC and getting smoked by guys that he was supposed to beat is not worthy of a spot in the top 10. The dudes record is like 5-4 or 5-3 now. No thanks.

#24 ·
I don't understand why Wand is in a lot of peoples top 10's, yet Chuck isn't. Dont get me wrong I dont think Chuck deserves to be in the top 10 (far from it) but in his last four fights he has the same record as Wand. (1-3) And Chuck's win was against Silva. And if you go even further back Wand has lost 4 of his last 7 fights.

#32 ·
Dude...Tito? Southworth? C'mon...

And Nog hasn't beaten anyone worth naming since Overeem in 2006. Arona has competed once in 2007 and only once in 2006. Pathetic. He's an excellent fighter, but shouldn't even be mentioned here based on inactivity alone. As for Franklin, anything higher than 9 is just not justifiable. He beat Hamill, which is good, but not good enough to have him this high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.