Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Hughes vs Serra Announced

1K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  wolfbot 
#1 ·
If you go to the UFC website right now and click on the video link to Matt Hughes talking with fans in Chicago, late in the video the fight is leaked. Matt Hughes vs Matt Serra in mid April-09. Hughes states that if he has his way, the fight will be in Illinois.

What a way to go out! Beating Serra's A$$ in his home state.

Here is the link to the video ... http://www.ufc.com/MattHughes

#17 ·
Actually, Penn slipped, it wasn't the punch that knocked him down.

But, Serra does hit hard, but that's not going to matter, since Serra's takedown defense sucks and Hughes will get him down and pwn him on the ground. Hughes by beatdown, second fight with Newton style.

#18 ·
I really wish this fight would have happend sooner.

I can't seem to get pumped this time around. Maybe the feeling will come back to me in a few months.

#19 ·
Thats true. and overall I would have wanted Serra to make his move sooner than this. I and alot of others would want Serra to move back down to LW already because thats really his thing. Guys in WW are too big to him and got serious reach advantage. He can and will still clock wins there but he would be more serious contender in LW. Also if he plans to go for GSP vs. Serra 3 he could have done couple other fights before this Hughes fight already, too long wait.

They can and will rehype it when time is closer, but like you I can't get too hyped up about something that is about half a year away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.