Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Jump Rope Training

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Splinter 
#1 ·
Anyone jump rope?

I need to get my cardio up and thought jumping rope would be the ideal way for me to accomplish that since I can not run because of bad knees. I have viewed a few videos on YouTube and got some ideas but just curious to see what others are doing.

I also plan on alternating jumping rope and eliptical machine so I dont get bored. Thoughts/comments?

#2 ·
I jump rope between bag rounds. I can't really give any advice on it other than the speed will come. You don't really start out fast and if you try to go fast you'll just end up stopping every 10 seconds. Just let the speed come and everything will go smoothly.

#5 ·
I spent about the same on my everlast jump rope about 10 years ago. I started using it regularly again about a year ago. it has held up very well. I"m wondering what time increment is good in between pad or bag rounds, i usually go 3 to 5 minutes.

#6 ·
I do real time.

my bag training is 3, 3 min rounds with 1 min of rope in between because my amature mma fights are 3, 3 min rounds with 1 min between rounds.

If you can tear up a bag at high-full intensity and jump rope for recovery, there's nothing standing in a fight that's going to cause you to gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.