MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 10-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #88 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Slept through the morning

MMA Class
Warmup run, acrobatics, then like 4 variations of the wheelbarrow that were brutal. Practiced shooting for the double leg, then taking down. First alone, then with a partner. Then practiced shadowboxing and sprawling on command. Then drilled takedown/sprawls. Then we did king of the mats. Two guys circling, trying to take down and get a dominant position, at which point the loser is swapped out for the next guy. I did pretty well, people said my sprawl was pretty well and that I was strong. I seemed to get most of my pins by using the momentum of the takedown on me and reversing onto them instead. I fell funny on my leg near the end and the trainer was sure I'd be hurt, but it only felt a little sore, think I got lucky.

I've been brainstorming on the rearranging of the schedule. Thinking I'll keep with the morning training, just more emphasis on low impact and technical aspects. Going to condense all weightlifting into one day. Here's what I'm thinking

OLD SCHEDULE
..................Morning.......................Evening
Mon - Strength Lifting/Skipping..............Beginner BJJ
Tue - Hit Pads....................................MMA
Wed - Endurance Lifting/Skipping...........Beginner BJJ
Thu - Hit Pads....................................Muay Thai
Fri - Explosive Lifting/Skipping................Muay Thai + MMA
Sat - Rest
Sun - Rest

NEW SCHEDULE
..................Morning........................Evening
Mon - Shadowboxing/Skipping.................Beginner BJJ
Tue - Hit Pads/Spar..............................MMA
Wed - Shadowboxing/Swimming...............Beginner BJJ
Thu - Hit Pads/Spar..............................Muay Thai
Fri - Condensed Lifting..........................Muay Thai + MMA
Sat - Rest
Sun - Rest

Condensed lifting day looks like this (it's alot)
Squats 2x6
Bench Press 2x6
Deadlift 2x6
Clean and Press 2x10
Burpees 2x20+
Overhead Squats 2x10
Towel Pullups 2x10
Ab Circuit
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote