MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - On Jules and Vinny

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Edblor
MMA Fanatic

Edblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A HugEdblor Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
TBH I wasnt all that impressed with either of them. Both of their stand-up looked subpar and they both looked really gun shy the entire fight. Vinny wanted no part of getting hit and I have no idea WTF Jules was doing that entire fight. Jules damn near put HIMSELF in that armbar and TBH that was way overkill setting it up like that on Vinnys part. He couldve easily finished him with a textbook armbar, instead of what looked like a failed gogo. Eliot Marshall takes that fight with him no matter where it goes. His Jiujitsu looks much better (yes you can tell quite a bit by about 10 seconds of grappling, and that arm was fed to Vinny) and his standup is way ahead even if it ISNT the best. Only person who I see eeking out a decision over Eliot would be Bader and I think that'll be tough to do
I agree. Vinny may have sick BJJ, but he will never take it to the ground without more agressive MMA. Jules looked horrible. Nervous or not, he threw like 3 jabs, and kept his distance the whole time. WTF?

Vinny will fail until he comes to terms with the fact you may eat a shot or two in this sport.
Edblor is offline   Reply With Quote