Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Denis Kang signs with the UFC

5K views 73 replies 47 participants last post by  cabby 
#1 ·
http://www.americantopteam.com/news_detail.php?NewsArticleID=486

Denis Kang Signs With The UFC!

2008-11-03

American Top Team fighter Denis Kang just signed a 4 fight deal with the UFC!

Denis made a big name for himself in Japan and Korea fighting in the PRIDE and SpiritMC organizations, where he developed a huge following.

Denis will now be able to showcase his skills to a whole new audience who hasn;t had the chance to see this exciting fighter in action. Denis has always expressed a desire to fight in the UFC and we are pleased we were able to help him get this deal done. Denis will bring a lot of excitement to the 185# division! Congrats Denis!

#3 ·
This is amazing news.

Kang has been one of my favourites for a while now. He's hit a few road bumps this last year with those losses to Akiyama and Mousasi but I think he'll really shine in the UFC, I can't wait to see it. He's got the tools to beat anyone in the MW division, and if they old Kang is back he'd be an extremely tough test for Silva.

SO pumped to see him fight the cage, wicked.

#11 ·
Good addition, but i agree with Chris - i don't think he's going to be the beast some of you do.

We'll see. Moving up to the UFC may make him elevate him game.

#12 ·
I like Kang I really do but I don't see him making a huge impact. Not as good as Silva, Franklin, Henderson, Marquardt, Maia, Bisping, Okami, Palhares, and Leites. And I don't think he will beat Cote or Almedia either IMO.

The MW divison is starting to get a lot of depth which is good I don't think it's very strong at the top outside of Silva and Franklin but it is pretty deep.

I think Denis Kang vs Dan Miller would be a very interesting match up since Miller is already 2-0 in the UFC and Kang needs a opening opponent to get used to the UFC.

#14 ·
I agree with most of the thoughts here, I'm happy he's in the division. Don't think he'll be fighting for the title anytime soon though, he's wayyyyyyyyyy too inconsistant.

Kang vs. Bisping is a fight I'd like to see.

Still hoping they sign Akiyama aswell.

#21 ·
lol keep dreaming man, there's no way Akiyama would leave DREAM/Japan for the UFC.

Also this is great news, but Denis Kang is not going to be a contender. He looked pretty good against crappy fighters in his last two matches, but hasn't looked great since he lost to Misaki.

Anyone else think it's funny that a year ago Dana White said "I love Denis Kang, but he's not ready for the UFC"? :laugh:

#17 ·
Kang vs. Fihlo. The TRUE Bushido GP Finals. Make it happen.

Great news, I've met Kang out here in Vancouver a few times. Super nice guy and I wish him the best in the UFC.

#18 ·
Put him against Bisping on the same card Hendo/Franklin

#22 ·
Great, now all they need is Lawler, Cung Lee, Akiyama, Mousasi and Belfort, and the MW division will be complete (taking into account they refuse to get Linland or Shamrock).

I know it sounds like a lot, but it seems quite possible if you give it a year or 2.

On a side note the MW division is actually really strong, why do so many people think it's shit.

#23 ·
I like Kang a lot and I think a fantastic debut would be against Lawler (if the rumors are true that he will return to the UFC). Put it on the Jan card with Hendo, Franklin, and Shogun!

#25 ·
Kang is a solid fighter and will make a great gatekeeper for the MW division but I dont think he is the be all end all that alot of people have made him out to be,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.