Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Couture is ready to poke the bear with a stick

3K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Royce 
#1 ·
Yahoo Sports said:
Randy Couture has a good sense of humor when it comes to his UFC 91 opponent Brock Lesnar. Couture has seen Lesnar lose his cool on several occasions both in person during a conference call and on ESPN's E60 piece.

On the conference call, Lesnar told the media to asking about (expletive) Fedor. Lesnar, who is built like an NFL offensive lineman at 6-3, 290 pounds, stormed off the set during the ESPN's piece when Tom Farrey began to ask a steroid question. There's no doubt that the guy UFC president Dana White once called a bear has a short fuse.

'The Natural' told Yahoo! Sports in a video interview that part of his plan is to see if he can tap into that Lesnar temper. Couture's camp gave a suggestion to get Lesnar to lose his head even before the fight starts:

"Some of the guys were saying when you guys face off and touch gloves you should whisper 'steroids' and watch his blood pressure go up."

Couture did say that he thinks that UFC and MMA does a great job policing steroid use.
Source:http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mm...-to-poke-the-bear-with-a-stick?urn=mma,120584

Believe it or not I think this is actually a good idea because he could probably get inside Brock's head with this and there is no denying that Brock has temper problems.

#12 ·
Yeah, and the thread title. All made of 'lol' hahaha.

Just that interview will probably get under brocks skin, Randy doesn't need to do much to piss Brock off, the guy doesn't take things lightly at all.

#9 ·
No, but a bear would have been able to stop Herring.

Brock resembled a beached whale more than a bear....in that he just lay his massive weight on herring until the time ran out. ;)

Reactions: The Legend
#8 ·
Ref: alright touch gloves
Randy: *whispers* steroids
Brock: AHHHH Brock SMASH!

But I have watched that video before and I'm pretty sure near the end Randy said he doesn't plan to say that.

#13 ·
Obvious isn't it?
He would pick him up and F-5 him, knocking Randy out
then he would jump on the cage and do a shooting star press

#16 ·
Oh i dunno, make him ultra angry and he'll be super aggressive, over commit, get out of position, and get put on his back with Randy on top doing what Randy does best.

#22 ·
LMAO

But instead make it "Roid-monkey" instead of "Steroids". Say it when touching gloves or when they're against the fence lolol.

#23 ·
I saw a big club of a fist in the first 5 seconds which was awesome! ...then watched 15 mins of a wrestler who clearly didn't know how to finish an opponent.

It wasn't an exciting fight.

#26 ·
^^ rep to you buddy. Im glad someone pointed out that a hell of a lot of UCF fighters dont do triangle correctl according to traditional BJJ. you're supposed to lock the leg and underhook their knee. It add an incredible amount of pressure (much more so that pulling the head) and makes it so they cant stack you or slam you. If they do try to stack you they'll be getting kneebarred quick like

#35 ·
very intersting fight.from what i see around the web, MMA fans are calling it a 50 50 % to each fighter.

the way i see it..brock best chance is NOT to to pace himself and over analyse the fight.

his big advantages are his raw power and speed..i think that if he come out guns blazing he can overwhelm randy and finnish the fight in the first or second round.

if he tries to play it safe he will playing into randy's strengh.the longer the fight goes the bigger randy's chances get.

do u agree?

p.s - sorry about my english im not from the USA.

#36 ·
Yeah I will agree with that the longer the fight goes on the more it will favour Randy, I cant see Randy KO'ing Brock but I can see Brock KO'ing Randy.

With regards to him not trying to finish Heath, well Heath has 16 submission wins and if Brock lost he would have faced a massive pay cut and been banished to the prelims, so I can understand why he did not try to finish him.

#37 ·
this is an interesting point, and I agree. I'm hoping that Randy is training for either scenario, Brock coming out swinging for the fences, or Randy having an opportunity to work more strategery (aren't you all going to miss that word with W. out of office?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.