MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Joe Calzaghe vs Roy Jones Jr

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
coldcall420
Banned

coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry77 View Post
Tarver fought a Roy Jones Jr. that went down from heavyweight and then subsequently had his head knocked off by Glen Johnson. Stlyes make fights also applies to boxing. Hopkins was winning the fight and even dropped Joe in the first until his stamina faded in the fight. Bernard fought too conservative

Jones' defense was never perfect but he had unnatural reflexes and speed to make up for it. Too a degree I see your point but, he's adjusted lately though, and won't be dropping down from heavyweight.

I could write about Roy Jones for pages but like I said Tarver is a southpaw and Roy aint got much game when it comes to stopping that left hook.....Also Roy fought Antonio Tarver after going up to heavy weight then comming back down, but what about after.....

You see my point isnt that Roy had gone up then cut down....it that Roy has shitty defense against left hooks especially when they come from southpaws.....after Roy got reacclimated he was given another shot against Tarver and he knocked out even worse the second time and he was "adjusted", yeah Glen beat him too but at that point Roy had turned the corner already.......

Calzaghe wins.....watch
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote