MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Punching technique

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dempsey Roll
Flyweight

Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.Dempsey Roll Is among the most hated on the net.
Focus on punching fast, not hard. When you just try to punch really hard you'll end up tensing up your muscles and it'll come out slower than it should. If you, instead, focus on punching fast, fluidly and with good technique then it should end up being more powerful regardless. A nice crisp *SMACK* when you hit the bag or pads means you're hitting hard, not how far the bag moves.

Also, your hand, when you're bringing the punch forward, should be corkscrewing in to your target. Don't set it so that your knuckles are paralell to the ground then punch it forward.

Outside of that, I dunno. It'd be easier to tell if I could see a video of you throwing some punches.
"I don't want them to like me, because when I'm in the ring, punches fly to the face. It is not a tenderness time. I am not falling in love. And he knows that when the fight starts I am kicking faces."
- Wanderlei Silva
Dempsey Roll is offline   Reply With Quote