MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Punching technique

View Single Post

Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
bimmu
MMA Fanatic

bimmu has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hehehe, well, your right, I should ask the instructor...but you know how it is sometimes, you're the new guy and you don't want to sound too stupid not even being able to throw a proper punch. So, when the instructor says to snap your punches I'm like "OK, I'll try that thank you." Mean while, I'm thinking what did I just say OK to?

I did ask him and basically, you're all right. I'm extending my arm out for too long and it turns into more of a push than a punch, so I need to "snap" the punch than retract it back into a defensive position.

I think part of it is instict to punch that way, and part of it that I used to take Kung Fu, and a lot of that it pattern based, so for a pattern, you usually left your arm extended longer for visual effect or something? It's sctually quite difficult to throw a proper punch, who knew. Skipping rope is also something I'm TERRIBLE at, I used to be able to skip, if I had two people holding the ends, I'd jump in, say a few rhymes and then jump out...but that's not really the type of skipping were doing in class, though it would be funny if it was.
bimmu is offline   Reply With Quote