Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Does Randy Still Deserve a shot at Fedor?

• Yes

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 53.5%

Does Randy still deserve a shot a Fedor?

1K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Wookie 
#1 ·
I searched for a existing thread about this and couldnt find anything so here it goes.

After watching the Randy Lesnar fight do you think Randy still deserves a shot with fedor? There is no doubt in my mind that fedor would destroy Brock but maybe randy would still match up better against fedor than he did against Lesnar. Do you think randy still deserves a shot? I say no.

#2 ·
He never deserved a shot against Fedor. He hasn't done anything thats amazing. He left off on a loss then came back and won 2 fights then decided to leave again. If he whooped nogs ass then i would have understood giving him a shot against Fedor, but the way it stands now he was never in the same league as Fedor.

#4 ·
I was honestly never into the hype around Fedor/Couture. I would've and still would watch it no doubt, but there are many fights I would rather see Fedor in than against Randy. The Lesnar loss did little to affect my feelings about it.

#5 ·
Why not? Sylvia and Andre are getting a crack at him, why not Randy?

He's still an accomplished fighter, no more undeserving than anyone else out there right now, and it's not exactly like there is a massive line waiting to fight Fedor.

Reactions: JT42
#9 ·
I agree that as far as "deserving" a shot then yes he does. Fighting Fedor isnt exactly the same as having to "earn" a shot at a UFC title where lots of contenders are vying for a shot. But I am just not as interested in seeing Fedor/Couture as I would be in seeing Fedor vs Arlovski or Barnett.

#17 ·
Stop acting like you know the ins-and-outs of contractual agreements with the UFC. It takes compromise for negotiations to work, and money had NOTHING to do with Fedor not signing with the UFC, so why don't you do some research before making an ass of yourself?

#10 ·
I want to see it, and i think Randy has been in the sport long enough, and done enough for it for him to be granted his parting wish. Even if that parting wish is a brutal beating from the hands of the best HW in the world.

At least he could say then that he did everything he wanted to do in his fighting career, because aside from Fedor, he's already said he's accumulated enough mile stones. He's just out there looking for interesting matchups against tough guys.

Randy is a competitor, I say let him compete.

#11 ·
I voted yes. I still want to see this fight. I think Randy matches up better with Fedor than he did with Lesnar, but I still think Fedor will win, possibly easily. I still love Randy, mistakes, losses, and missteps aside, this man is a personal hero of mine.

#20 · (Edited)
It would still be a great fight to watch. Was the Lidell/Wandy fight any less exciting because Chuck wasn't champ? Not really.
That's debatable. The fight was supposed to be THE two most dominant LHWs in the world fighting one another, we received something considerably less significant albeit certainly exciting. But we can't say it "wasn't any less/more exciting" because we never saw them fight at the pinnacles of their careers.

#19 · (Edited)
First of all, this fight will never take place in the UFC because of Fedor's management team. Secondly, Randy has some more matches left in the UFC, doesn't he? The only hope is Affliction, but they won't be promoting Brock's bitch (talking in Tito Ortiz's language) + they do not have any available videos of Randy's fights + the winner is obvious. Thirdly, let's imagine Randy wins, then what? Retirement? Affliction does not need this, they do have huge expectations and faith in Fedor given his MMA record and reputation, not old man Randy who could spoil everything and retire.

To sum up, my answer is that we don't need this fight anymore. If Lesnar defeats NOG, then we'll be hoping to see "Fedor vs Lesnar" (plus they are the same age) and "Randy vs Fedor" will go into oblivion.

#21 ·
Personally I don't think that Randy could offer a fight that would be interesting enough to watch. The only reason to watch would be to see Fedor tear him a new a**hole. Does anyone really want to see Randy pull an "Apollo Creed" and die in the ring after Fedor smashes his face? Randy needs to finish his contract and retire, for real this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.