MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #105 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
This week I'm trialing a new conditioning set up that will limit the decrease in performance during evening classes and be more likely to maintain in the long term. Going to play with the rep schemes and introduce barbell complexes.

Put together a fresh workout playlist, had a big meal, grabbed a cup of coffee and was ready to get back in the gym after a week or two away from the iron.

Today was Anaerobic Conditioning/Muscular Endurance
Barbell Complex (45lbs/6 Sets/6 Reps/60 seconds rest)
Overhead Squat
Reverse Grip Bicep Curl
Good Morning
Bent Over Row
Military Press
Stiff Legged Deadlift

Ab Circuit (2 sets/120 seconds rest)
Weighted Alternating Crunch 20,20 @45lbs
Reverse Crunch 15,15 @bodyweight
Cable Crunch 20,20 @150lbs
Ab Plank 45secs,45secs

Barbell Complex was taken from my MMA conditioning book, it's a series of exercise done one after the other quickly without putting down the barbell. Once the series is done, you rest for a minute, then do it over again. You repeat this 6 times. It's suppossed to be great for what this day is meant for, and felt like quite a challenge. I'm going to rearrange my complex a bit for next week to help it flow better and increase the weight by 10lbs.

Everything felt great today, MMA class this evening.

Here's my new layout of the week..

Mon Beginner BJJ + Advanced BJJ
Tue Edurance/Anaerobic + MMA
Wed Beginner BJJ + Advanced BJJ
Thur Muay Thai + MMA
Fri Muay Thai + MMA
Sat Strength/Explosive
Sun Rest
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote