MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Squat Technique

Thread: Squat Technique
View Single Post

Old 11-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Scarecrow
Featherweight

Scarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchaaa View Post
Thanks for the links. I will try the tips. One question. Why are my harmstrings too tight when my back rounds. I dont feel it in the harmstrings. I thought the problem lies in my back, not in my harmstrings.

@ burton I postet a video of mine squatting.
It looks like you are curving your back when you get to the bottom of your squat. This creates an arch which doesn't have the same support as a completely straight spine. You are also pointing your elbows forward as you move down. Keeping a bar on your shoulders when you practice will help.

The big thing with flexibility in your quads, hamstrings and glutes is it allows a full range of movement when you squat. If you don't have proper flexibility, your body will compensate by your back bending in order to get all the way down.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote