MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Why do cuts stop fights when the fights want to continue...

View Single Post

Old 11-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Aaronyman
Face the Pain

Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Why do cuts stop fights when the fights want to continue...

Just watched the Babalu vs. Southworth fight...and the fight was stopped via cut...

can someone please explain to me why these fights are stopped when a fighter is competent and feels he can continue safely? I mean, he may not be 100%, like your not after any strike...the some blood in your eyes probably makes this worse...okay....but then you look at a fight like Marquart/Leites where Leites was smashed w/ a very hard knee to a downed opponent...he was visibly not the same after the knee....yet the doctor said he was okay....

southworth wanted to continue, what is the danger of a cut ? bleeding in the eye and risk of fighters getting KO'd? doesn't a smaller punch to the face put you at more risk of getting KO'd too?

is it a health thing? cuz i really don't know....someone please tell me
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote