Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Whom are you picking here

Rampage vs The Axe Murderer, VOTE!!!

3K views 59 replies 48 participants last post by  TheNegation 
#1 ·
Whom are your picking in the upcoming battle in December? I'm for Rampage all the way... it's time to revenge!!! Although, it's going to be very hard for Quinton, then again, all he has to do is to avoid Silva's deadly clinch...

Reactions: Wanna-be
#4 ·
Damn! I knew Silva would get a majority. However, I want Jackson to punish Wanderlei and to deal with Forrest, who won a very close fight and most likely won't be able to do so again if he steps in a cage with Rampage one more time. I hope I won't see another loss in devastation fashion performed by Silva on Jackson, I put my faith in opposite.

#12 ·
.. what the hell are you talking about? Seriously, have you even watched more than 1 Pride fight?

I hope you watched the 2 fights rampage vs Silva..

in both fights, the ref stood them up after close to 5 mins to the ground.. which is about a UFC round, so how is the UFC going to make them stand up less often? And notice in Pride, there are no elbows, so less strikes possible, meaning less action on the ground. Yet in both fights, the majority went to the ground, and Silva just crushed him after getting back up.

I just came back on this forum, and im already starting to get sick of these kind of posts.. please post about things you know, not assumptions.

If anything, Pride are less liberal about standing back fighters. Its a 10 min round, so they let fighters work their thing on the ground. In Japan, grappling is important, and they know how to appreciate it, and sometimes a little too much. Its not because the ref keeps yelling action and gives yellow card that he actually stands them up quicker.

UFC or Pride, if you dont do sh*t, they will stand you up. the difference is that in the UFC, you have the whole crowd booing you if you dont seem to be doing anything.

ANYWAYS, this fight is pretty close, both fighters have changed so much since their last fights, maybe not stylistically but mentally for sure. Neither are champions, the psychological advantage still probably goes to Silva, but i am leaning towards Quinton.. but his little driving incident makes me wonder where he is at in his head..

#14 ·
I think people are picking WAND here waaaay too fast. I think this will actually be a close fight thet Rampage might win! I hope Wanderlei, of course (even though I love me some Rampage), but I actually think people are counting out Page way to easily.

He seems really motivated, in great shape and very humble and focused.

#16 ·
I actually think Rampage has progessed a ton since the first two fights and poses a much, much more difficult challenge than previously. However, I am a big Silva fan and really hope he pulls this off again. Wanderlei by Dec

#17 ·
This fight can go either way and you know both guys are going to keep it standing. But I'm taking my boy on this one.

#22 ·
Page lost twice to Silva and another time just a few months after against Shogun in a very similar fashion. I'm not sure he learned his lesson yet. Plus now he's got all these personal problems and we all know how Page can be great if he's there mentally and how bad he can look if the mind is not there... Wandy via vicious KO round 2.

#24 ·
I'm a Wanderlei nuthugger, so of course, I'm going with him. Dude also gave Rampage 2 manly beatings, and I think he can give him a third one. I don't know if Rampage will show up ready to fight after going insane. I do know that Wanderlei will be ready.

Rampage has a shot at winning, though. Different rules, different ref's.

#25 ·
I don't care how mentally tough you are, if someone fucks you up twice, your going to be a at least a little bit scared of them. I think Rampage will come out more passive than normal, and Wandy is going to be all over him.

Wandy via KO round 1

#26 ·
Im gonna watch the 2nd fight again, but didn't they stand Wandi/Rampage up when Wandi was on top?

And people are saying he gets raped in the clinch...he got raped cause he was rocked like a mother from the right hook before.

Anyway The Axe Murderer, for the same reason why Forrest won. He has Randy in his corner with his gameplan, and now himself and Forrest have fought and beaten Page so a lot of holes have shownup, especially with constant leg kicks, but Wandi has got this one in the bag.

Rampage is a nutcase and won't be able to go on a wild car chase this time as he will announced clinically dead......there's no ropes to hold Page up this time :D

#28 ·
I think it's going to be a great fight. Honestly, I don't think all the recent happenings with Rampage will come into play here. I think he's going to be relaxed, focused, and ready to go.

I do think, however, that Wanderlei will once again pull out a win here. Wanderlei knows Rampage has improved since they fought, hell, he beat both Henderson and Liddell, two men who beat Wanderlei, and was the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. He will be ready for the new Rampage, will be in a serious, focused state and defeat him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.