Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

If Wandy wins... will it be by his knees again?

• Yes

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 23 43.4%

If Wandy wins, will it be by his knees again? (poll)

2K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  TERMINATOR 
#1 ·
I think knees will play a big part in this fight, but not too sure if they will be the finishing moves. (If he wins)

#2 ·
I think he'll go for it, but I don't see him winning by it. I think Rampage has a better clinch and will use some dirty boxing.

Even with all of that, I still think he'll lose.

#5 ·
Wand will go into Muay Thai overdrive when Rampage gets rocked badly. But, by then the fight will be already over.

#6 ·
I want to see Wandy use his clinch while having Rampage up against the cage. Would be very interesting to see how that would go.

#10 ·
I see wandy clipping rampage with a good shot, and as rampage is dazed, wandy just kind of walks though him with a barrage of punches. Rampage then hits the deck, and it's over, wandy scores maybe one or two shots while 'page is on the mat before the ref can get there to save him.

Or, Rampage scores a lucky punch and is able to capitalize on it. I don't really see it going the distance, and this is one of those fights where I wish they could make it and honorary 5 rounder just to make sure somebody get's ktfo'd.

#13 ·
If Wandy wins, it will be by knees.

I still think Rampage is going to win this fight, regardless of their two previous encounters.

I see Rampage outboxing Wandy and picking him apart. He'll probably throw in some Ground n' Pound in there as well.

I'm calling Rampage, 2nd Round Stoppage.

TKO

#15 ·
Although i do think Wandy will take this, I dont think it will be from knees.

Their previous 2 fights were with ropes obviously, now they'll clinch against the cage so it'll be different, Page looked ok vs Hendo and yes I know Silva has a more brutal clinch and i think Page will not want any part of that. The cage will make it easier for him to escape in my opinion.

Ground game i'll give to Rampage but i mean isn't Wandy a back belt in BJJ? Has he ever even tried to sub a guy before? That would be nutz if he were to win by submission, but i figure ko by barrage of punches like vs Jardine.

#18 ·
Wand uses his ground game mainly for stalling really. The only offensive thing I've ever really seen him do on the ground is try and armbar Saku, I remember Bas going crazy at the time and he kept bringing it up for years afterwards.

#19 ·
I just can't see Rampage beating Wanderlei. Like if I tell my brain "Picture Rampage beating Wanderlei", all I see is Wandy knee'ing him to death and Page falling through the ropes.

Logic says that Rampage is a much different, better fighter, but coming off the tough and emotional loss to Griffin and all the personal problems, what genius decided to throw the UFC's most marketable fighter in the cage with a man that nearly killed him, TWICE?

#20 ·
Rampy is just way to inconsistent for me to call this. His mental state is suspect as well, rersorting to reckless driving and police chases seems odd behavious to me perosnally. I just think he has progressed form the old days and that Wnady has slowed down a bit.

If Ramp is on his game though I see him winning this in many different ways. Wandy's going to come in a swinging and Rampy's counterpunching has gotten too good for that too work. On the ground Quentin takes it as well.

If Wandy does win I think it will be because Ramspage has developed Glass-chin-itis and will go dwon form a punch, or get dazed from a punch and be set up for knees.

#22 ·
Fail post is fail.

Rampage fights the same as he has always done. Good standup, good wrestling, good takedown defense, good cardio, good chin. Crap at defending leg kicks, does same block with elbows.

Watch Wanderlei's last fight. No coming in swinging. There were about four exchanges, each of which Wanderlei was the reactor not the agressor. The last exchange ended with Jardine get Wanderized 'cos he tried to leg kick Wand (lol at that, worst gameplan ever). Jardine got rocked and Wand didn't let him recover.

Now go watch some other Wand fights and virtually all the time he is the reactor, until he gets them hurt. Doesn't always apply to tomato can fights however.

Rampage had Wanderlei on the ground for a long-ass time (especially in their second fight) and did sweet FA with it. The only time something happened was when Wand went for an armbar in their first fight and when Wand got rocked from a punch and then Rampage followed up with some good G'n'P in their second fight (at end of first ten minute round). Wanderlei doesn't have great BJJ, but he has an excellent defensive guard.

The only thing correct in your post is the last bit, but it isn't because Rampage will have developed a glass chin. It's because Wand's right hits like a freight train and he doesn't let you recover. And the way Rampage covers up when rocked = invite to Muay Thai overdrive beatdown.

Rampage can with this with tko, ko or decision (he has the tools), but I don't fancy his chances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.