MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai v Kung Fu

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #57 (permalink)
Pepe
Flyweight

Pepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enoughPepe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
The problem is that most kung-fu fighters I've run into (and I know several people who train it, including two who are sifu themselves with fairly large classes) are convinced that kung-fu is all one needs. They get hooked on the spiritualistic, ritualistic, and forms bullshit and even the ones who are pretty good at kung-fu point fighting end up being essentially terrible fighters in an MMA rules fight, especially against anyone who has a ground game.
exactly my point, at my school i'm one of the top fighters now due to my friends teaching of some muay thai techniques and some groundfighting, before every class we work some combos with knees elbows and then we wrestle around, then when class starts its mostly kungfu but it's all good
and thanks to my friend opening my mind i've been on this amazing forum finding new techniques, as a kung fu fighter i'm pretty good with my knees :P
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote