Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

New Sig

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  MJB23 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I decided to come out of retirement and make a new sig. I'm not a big fan of it and I don't know why I put that stupid splatter brush on the side but it ruined it and I didn't realize until it was too late.

See less See more
#5 ·
Very nice work. The Halo one would be amazing w/o the splatter that you mentioned but both look great!

#10 ·
Personally I like the bottom one the best, the square on the right bothers me alot in the middle one dont know why but I find it really distracts from the flow of the sig.

#16 ·
Pretty good MJB, only 2 things I can pick on are your fonts, they really take away from the rest of the sig, they just don't blend in every well in my opinion. Too big and blotchy.

Your boarders look off as well, once again they just don't blend in very well and take away from the render and backgrounds. For EX: on the R6 one, I'd probably shrink the stroke and maybe 50% fill.

But other than those small things, looks great.

#17 ·
I hate adding fonts to sigs. I know they are supposed to help but I never know what font to use so I just try to use a plain one and they never go well with it like you said.

The same thing with borders. I might just be doing them wrong. I use the line tool to make a line and then I fill it in. If there's an easier way I'd love for someone to tell me.

#18 ·
Never use the line tool for boarders. There is a much easier and better way to do it.

When you make a boarder do it at the end, it's the last thing to do even after the font.

Make a new layer and use Rectangle Tool and cover the whole sig. Then go to Edit and select Stroke. Then decide the color, and width and your boarder is done much faster that using the line tool.

Also from there, you can do tons of things to the boarder like adding a shadow, another stroke, etc. etc. Doing this gives you a shit load of more options and a major time saver.

Fonts are tricky, I learned a lot from reading Tutorials about fonts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.