MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Where do we see him in his division?

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
plazzman
-I came|I saw|I failed-

plazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchableplazzman Is Untouchable
I also don't think you REALLY need wrestling to cut it in the LW, or any division if you have a sick ground game.

Sure, you need the base, and functional control of wrestling to hold the dude down, or to get him down to work your ground game, but against another wrestler, which is what 90% of the LW division is comprised of, you don't really need great TD ability to get to your zone.

Fortunately for Nate, he's got some sweet Judo throws, very adequate TDD (don't know why he'd even want to use it), and he's also got the already mentioned ground game that makes the ground his once it gets there.

I think if you want to be a great wrestler, you need to have a ground game. I think it's pretty lame for someone to apply strict wrestling the whole match to win, they should be able to take dude down and apply subs and all that shit, not vice versa.
plazzman is offline   Reply With Quote