MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Word Association with Frank Shamrock!

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
rockybalboa25
On a Rampage

rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Irritation is an ugly color on you rocky.
Got you to finally answer the questions didn't it?

Quote:
Any person with KO power who lands a big punch will knock you out. Any person. This is why it is called KO power.
So Butterbean can knock out Fedor?

Quote:
Nope, I am saying that a specific amount of collision and velocity will knock a man unconcious.
First of all it depends on the man. I think we've all seen NOG take shots that would have finished another man. Also if a fighter simply has power, like Baroni, a good fighter will be able to neutralize it. How? By not getting hit flush. Most fighters have figured out how no to get hit by Baroni.

Quote:
He was in fact before EXC went under rumored to fight Lawler. He is in fact still signed to Strikeforce. The same banner that Cung Le fights under. Strikeforce is still using EXC fighters for their shows. So it is likley that he'll face one of those two. EliteXC has not released anybody. They still hold thier roster which includes Frank and Lawler also.
More conjecture, I thought it was a bad way to debate. First of all the Lawler fight was a rumor, since Lawler was scheduled to fight Villasenor. Secondly strikeforce used one fighter, scott smith, at their show. He did not have a contractual problem. Thirdly the sale of Elite XC while possible, is far from definite. Fourth, there is no guarantee that the new owner of Elite XC would cross-promote with Strikeforce.

Another fight with Le only proves Frank can beat a midlevel fighter or lose to a midlevel fighter. Remember I said top 10 MWs. And even that fight would be a long way off.

Quote:
Nope. I'm saying that Coker being the promoter, and the owners of Strikeforce whoever they may be did not bind Cung Le to a fight and he did not turn down any requests or demands made by them. Bottem line.
Obviously Coker and Le came to an understanding about Le taking time off. My point is that I don't think Dana would be so understanding. Unless he has suddenly become and understanding cool headed guy.

Quote:
Is his next fight in 2010? That's news to me. He was saying in an interview that he planned to fight in early 09.

http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/11/24...-his-loss-more

This interview says that it is a possibility. Of course Le is not nailing down exactly when he'll be back. Since it's Decemember and we've heard nothing, I highly doubt he's fighting in January. If he's taking time off in February, early 09 looks out. Also he talks about the one time fight with the UFC. That's the question you refused to answer twice now.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote