MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Classical ju jitsu vs Submission grappling article

View Single Post

Old 12-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
TheSuplexor
1 2 3 Blast Off!

TheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A HugTheSuplexor Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear.

I love jujitsu, I'm a jujitsu fanatic. I do, however, think that the jujitsu exhibited in these photos is second rate and not entirely efficient.

Samurai jujitsu was developed for multi-man combat, like anyone who studies it knows. The choke I am describing is even a little bit more effective, because it allows you to use the first enemies body as a sheild against the second enemy. Obviously, in the case of modern competition, my version is still more effective.

My point isn't that classical jujitsu is uneffective, just that the way it was exhibited above is far from perfect.
is bjj much closer to perfect then?
TheSuplexor is offline   Reply With Quote