Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Dida out of K-1 World Max 2009

972 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bbjd7 
#1 ·
Announced the first part of the staff that will be at K-1 World Max 2009 tournament, that begins in February 23rd in Japan, André “Dida” Amade used to figure between the names as the unique Brazilian, but the fighter won’t be able to dispute the GP anymore. In conversation with TATAME, Dida explained the absence. “I started to train, but I had visa problem. I’m at Canada now and I can’t go out until March, so I called the president of the event telling that I wouldn’t be able to be there”, reveled the fighter, lamenting the happened.

“I’m very sad about that… I’m doing a very good work here with my brother and I can’t let it away. I’m a fighter and first of all is my career, but in the moment I’ll have to sacrifice that, but after March I’ll be prepared to come back to Japan”, affirmed André, who imagine that his next fight will be of MMA. “How they were calling me to a Muay Thai fight, I was only training that, but now that I’m out of this event and they usually does a MMA event then, I’ll stay ready and trained to this date”, reveled the fighter.
http://www.tatame.com/2008/12/17/Dida-out-of-K-1-World-Max-2009

Sucks to have visa problems stop you from fighting.

#2 ·
Sucks for Dida, interesting that he was going to be in the GP.

#4 ·
This is the worst news ever.

Man Dida can't fight because of Visa issues this is crap.

Well maybe they can find a local MMA show in Canada for him to fight in but it doesn't seem likely.

I was excited to see him do some more K-1 fights but I guess he needs to get back on the mat and start getting his defensive ground game ready for March/April

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.