Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

LeBanner Talks Trash On Sylvia

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Organik 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I used to think that Jerome Lebanner was a joke, but after watching him fight in K1 you have to understand, this guy is a badass. He fears no one. His second MMA fight was against Bob Sapp, and he drew.

Granted, Lebanner has 1 career loss. It was his first fight and he didn't know what to expect. It hasn't happened since.

He's fought Alan Karaev, one of the greatest sumo wrestlers in the world. Alan weighs roughly 385 pounds and stands about 6'6. Jerome stopped Karaev at 1:14 in round 1.

He's fought Yoshihiro Akiyama, who is one badass man. He stopped Yoshihiro in 2:24 of round 1. This is Yoshihiro's only loss.

He's fought Jimmy "The Titan" Ambriz, who is a strong mofo. Ambriz has stepped in with some tough guys. Jerome stopped "The Titan" faster than Barnett or Ricco Rodriguez did in their fights with him.

I don't know if Lebanner could take Sylvia. If he beats Schilt I think that he would have a very good shot at Tim. And when Lebanner talks down about Sylvia's standup, he knows what he's talking about, because he's a great K1 fighter.

#4 ·
Getting ready to watch K-1 Grand Prix, it's starting soon.

Lebanner is fighting the winner from last year, Semmy Schilt. That's going to be a great fight, looking foward to it. As for Lebanner beating Sylvia, I think he could very well beat his ass.

Main Fight Card:

#5 ·
Yah Jerome vs Schilt should be awesome. Most ppl are putting Schilt as the favorite though becuase he has the reach and is the defending champion.

I have seen Jerome talking shit about Sylvia before and if he is gonna say all that shit he should come over to mma and fight him. Im not a Sylvia fan or anything but I think it would be a pretty good fight.

#7 ·
theboz19 said:
I am a Sylvia fan and am glad that a striker is calling him out. It would be a great fight I think. Tim needs someone to push him as he seems unable to motivate himself to finish people off.

Umm yeah.

Reactions: randyspankstito
#12 ·
speedythief said:
^ I'm pretty sure Sylvia has already turned down a fight with JL once. Saying he can stand with him and then turning down the fight is about what I've come to expect from him.

Does Lebanner have any ground skills?
haha does it matter if he has any ground skils. It might matter if Tim did but you know it would be all standing till Tim hit the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.