Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Ten BJJ moves every cop should know...with a twist

4K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  LV 2 H8 U 
#1 ·
The Ten Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Moves Every Police Officer Should Know
these probably have helped them tremendously even knowing only 10 moves!
So here's the twist, if you could only know 10 moves for a street encounter what would they be, they can be grappling or striking oriented.
for me it would be basic and frequent positions that you get stuck in.
1. Doublelegtakedown (good to know how to take it to the ground)
2. GnP (knowing how to throw elbows from on top)
3. Mount position
4. Knowing how to kimura the top man from guard position
5. RNC
6. Leglock ,easy to finish them off with after the double
7. Counter to the Headlock
8. Knowing how to keep opponent in the closed guard
9. Countering the shirt grab, with a wrist lock
10. Knowing how to close the distance and get to the clinch

From here the encounter could be finished like this easily:
Tackle them with a double and easily finish them with a leglock or mount them, throw some elbows, let them roll over and proceed to choke them out with a RnC.
So what are your ten moves in a street encounter?

See less See more
#2 ·
1.Singleleg Takedown
2.Doubleleg Takedown
3.Hip Toss
4.Ground N Pound
5.Kimura
6.Armbar
7.Leglock
8.Clinching
9.Elbows
10.Knees

From my list you can easily grapple the opponent to the ground and end with GnP, Kimura, Armbar, or Leglock. When fighting standing up, go for the clinch then finish with elbows and kneew. From the clinch you can go to takedowns #1-3 and end on the ground. This list is very well rounded and easy to understand.

#3 ·
good list...probably better then mine...is a leglock easy to get?

#4 ·
doublelegtakedown said:
good list...probably better then mine...is a leglock easy to get?
Not easy to get, but good to know.

My list is probably something more related to small-circle jujitsu/aikido and probably looks a little more like this.

1) Kote-gaishi (small-circle wrist lock/throw)
2) Straight crossbody armbar
3) Kimura
4) Americana
5) Rear naked choke
6) Kneebar
7) Shiho nage (throw leading into Americana and other armlocks)
8) Nikkyo (frontal wrist lock)
9) Sankyo (armlock leading into any number of techniques)
10) Arm-triangles

#5 ·
IronMan said:
Not easy to get, but good to know.

My list is probably something more related to small-circle jujitsu/aikido and probably looks a little more like this.

1) Kote-gaishi (small-circle wrist lock/throw)
2) Straight crossbody armbar
3) Kimura
4) Americana
5) Rear naked choke
6) Kneebar
7) Shiho nage (throw leading into Americana and other armlocks)
8) Nikkyo (frontal wrist lock)
9) Sankyo (armlock leading into any number of techniques)
10) Arm-triangles
you seriously would need to know that many chokes and subs for a street fight? Plus you need to get the position before you can apply those moves....and looking back at mine i would add another takedown which could be used on bigger opponents like a single...
this was where i got the double to leglock idea Template
but it would be easy to get on an unskilled ground fighter, right?
Ironman how long have you been doing bjj?

#7 ·
I don't. I gave up on the BJJ syllabus once I came up with a way to beat it. That bit will follow, probably later tonight when I clear up my desktop.

I think that a cop should use as few takedowns as possible because it's a heavy liability on cement. The quick chokes and the armbars and the Aikido techniques keep everything quick in a street fight, which gives both fighters less time to f*ck themselves, and each other, up.

It's just an opinion, and I'm not a cop, but I think that's how it should work.

#8 ·
IronMan said:
I don't. I gave up on the BJJ syllabus once I came up with a way to beat it. That bit will follow, probably later tonight when I clear up my desktop.

I think that a cop should use as few takedowns as possible because it's a heavy liability on cement. The quick chokes and the armbars and the Aikido techniques keep everything quick in a street fight, which gives both fighters less time to f*ck themselves, and each other, up.

It's just an opinion, and I'm not a cop, but I think that's how it should work.
but when you get the takedown you will only be likely to be kneeling on the conrete...you used to do aikido? i learned an aikido wrist lock when your shirt gets grabbed off the internet....works well:D
and obviously there are ways to beat bjj....

#9 ·
Yeah, but you end up smashing the other guys back on the concrete, and that's gets into a nasty law suit. Regardless of whether or not the guy is a criminal, if you do enough damage to him you will end up in court.

#10 ·
IronMan said:
Yeah, but you end up smashing the other guys back on the concrete, and that's gets into a nasty law suit. Regardless of whether or not the guy is a criminal, if you do enough damage to him you will end up in court.
not if you get in and out before the cops come:D and you probably won't get sued if the guy attacks or tries to mug you:rolleyes:

#16 ·
Evil said:
I cant make a list of just ten moves. cops should know everything a BJJ or MMA fighter knows so they can get out of every possible Junkie or psycho situation.. your stuff is good too though. And bigger guns
no, i meant 10 moves for you in a street encounter, who cares about the pigs...

Reactions: Evil
#17 · (Edited)
1#. Headbutt
2#. Boxing
3#. Kicking High and low (no groin kicks)
4#. Dirty boxing and knees from clinch
5#. Double leg Takedown with big throw if you can
6#. Mount and GNP, Headbutts there too and Elbows
7#. A big Gun

Thats not 10 but it works out great, wouldnt recomend a takedown if his friends are around though.

Dont call em Pigs doublelegtakedown, you might need them someday ;)

#22 ·
you kids can say whatever you want and act as tough as you want i dont care, i still know that when you boys get bullied by a mean boy and starts running to your mamas you will scream for an officer on the way to help ya out. Talk smack and bla bla bla, when you need them all the stuff you have said suddenly dissapear and you are glad they are there

#23 ·
Evil said:
you kids can say whatever you want and act as tough as you want i dont care, i still know that when you boys get bullied by a mean boy and starts running to your mamas you will scream for an officer on the way to help ya out. Talk smack and bla bla bla, when you need them all the stuff you have said suddenly dissapear and you are glad they are there
not quite but nice try;)

#25 ·
JawShattera said:
wtf are you talking about evil, you sound like a little kid yourself talking like that. all i said is that allot of cops are dirty muther****ers. its no big deal.
I don't know where you're from and, frankly, it doesn't really matter to me. I was born, raised and trained in a city with one of the worst homocide rates in the world, that's Oakland, California. I train regularly with guys who are members of Oakland PD, one of the toughest law enforcement agencies on the planet.

I like to think that I have some patients, but if you want to talk down about the men who uphold law and order on the streets of the worst cities in America and make up bullshit facts about how they work, then you should go lick some monkey balls.

I don't support the war and I don't support all of the things cops do, but I will say this:

If you're not one of the people with the balls to defend our country and keep our streets clean, then you better not talk shit about them.

Reactions: Evil
#26 · (Edited)
edit, un-needed comments

one time i got my head slammed into the hood of a patrol car by some cop cuz i was at a spot check and i had a weed leaf air freshner thing in my car. i wasnt resisting or nothing he just did it.
i got more bullshit cop stories too but **** telling them unless someone asks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.