MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Forrest Griffin = Luckiest Champion

View Single Post

Old 12-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bazza89
Banned

Bazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
I'm not saying he was lucky because he didn't deserve his shot. I'm saying he's lucky because he caught GSP (a far far better fighter) with a punch, and capitalized on it. It's lucky because he got that shot in on a far better fighter to get the belt.

Also, I said that the fact that it's lucky is evident by how badly he was beat by GSP in their second fight.
There's no question that GSP's by far the better fighter in pretty much every aspect off MMA but Serra threw that punch, landed it and finished GSP and IMO you can't call that luck.

Coleman beating Shogun was luck, Serra beating GSP just isn't as far as I'm concerned. Hell I don't even like Serra but I think it's unfair on him that people call him lucky for winning that fight. He knew he was outmatched so came out swinging, he might have caught GSP on an off night but that's a part of the game. He planned on throwing some bombs and catching GSP early and thats exactly what he did, and finished him.
Bazza89 is offline   Reply With Quote