MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 12-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #113 (permalink)
joppp
Welterweight

joppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level nowjoppp is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Good deal, and thanks for the rep.

Any more questions?
No not really. But If you have the time I'd like to discuss my overall grappling game.

My side control game as of now is VERY arm bar focused (not to want to brag, but I am pretty good with armbar from side control/mount), so I though of adding north/south choke, brabo, arm triangle (they make for pretty good combos) and what else do you think I should try to incorporate in my side control/top game?

As for my guard, what would you suggest: continue to wotk on my rubber guard or take a more sweep focused approach? Right now my most commonly used guard submissions is the basic armbar (which actually got many levels to it if combined with crackhead control) and the pyramid triangle/omoplata (overhook and escaped hips and high legs).

My passing is decent and I think I'm on the right way; it's not many in my age/experience category I cannot pass, and good ol' Marcelo Garcia has some solid passing tips which I will try to learn.

My escapes from sidecontrol and mount needs work.

I take the back way too seldom, so when I do I sometimes have problems with working the RNC. Is armdrag a good idea, mine at the moment is not very good...

So, any thoughts?

Dustin Hazelett - I'm McLovin' it

"The second he hits me, I will crush him!" - WAND (WAR)
joppp is offline   Reply With Quote